Monday, May 09, 2011

of elections and disappointments


and so the heat of the elections is over...some of my own reflections on these...

better men who should have served are not going to, while lesser personalities who have yet proven themselves or are already unworthy stay instead...such is politics...such is life...

My speculation is that Mr Yeo will continue to serve the nation as Ambassador-at-large for Singapore, bearing in mind that he is already very well-versed in foreign affairs, with our foreign counterparts expressing their sadness and disbelief at Mr Yeo's departure. As I was reading today's Straits Times, I came across an article written by Mr Tommy Koh, a gentleman whom i highly respect, and is coincidentally, Singapore's Ambassador-at-large. His article reads, "George Yeo: A man for all seasons". A really insightful review on the former Foreign Minister. I implore all to read the article should you have the opportunity.

Alas, to deal with disappointments is part and parcel of life. I wish Mr Yeo all the best...

No comments: